A Day In The Life Of An MBA Student

Wake up, but for that, you would have to sleep. Welcome to the world of sleep-deprived homo sapiens, who run around doing something. If they install a barometer inside a B-School, it might burst, such is the pressure here. All to-do lists and calendars come to life here, the number of groups in WhatsApp increases exponentially, mobile phones keep buzzing as people get constantly bombarded by group messages. Assignments and group projects take time away, classes and tests take the rest away.
6:30 AM
My alarm goes off that was the optimistic plan for the first week, now I barely manage to wake up by 8.30. I do my morning chores, run to the mess, pick up a sandwich or two and sprint to reach the 9 am class in time.
1:00 PM
It’s finally time for lunch, after a couple of classes in a row, I’m always ready to eat. I head straight towards the mess. To reenergize and handle the upcoming classes.
5:00 PM
Finally, the classes for the day comes to an end. I wish I could jump straight into prepping for tomorrow after my classes wrap up, but I’ve found that I need some down time before diving back in. I use this time to wind down a little bit by checking email, and getting abreast with the daily news.
6:00 PM – 12:00 PM
Group assignment, class test and committee work, the amount of work that gets done in this time span is what gets me going. If by some time-continuum change, I was able to add additional time to this period, my life would become easier. By now, it’s finally time to head back to the hostel and gear up for another day.
By the looks of it, it’s all work and no play, but that’s not the case. The guitar has been my companion for long, in college I get the opportunity to perform with my batch mates in various events. I have learnt a lot about teamwork whilst performing along with various other instruments.
There are no doubts that it is hectic, and you get stressed to your limits, but deep down all of us know, all this rigour and pressure is for our own benefit. The high-pressure environment is being simulated to make us acclimatized to the corporate world.