A Travelogue

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” ~Lin Yutang

Well… nothing better than the above quote could sum up, my amazing experience at my alma mater, SIBM Bangalore. I still remember the day, June 16th, 2008, when a small town guy, who earlier thought that what he has seen, is only the world, felt about the bigger world around, when he met his batch mates, now close friends, from different parts of this globe.


Life at Symbi, was more like a roller coaster ride full of many ups and a few downs. Actually, these downs are more important than the ups, as they always make sure that your feet are on the ground, no matter how high you fly. Apart from the usual studies, like all schools and colleges, what I learnt the most at SIBM was People, Time and Resource Management, which I believe, are the most essential lessons to be taken back from a B School.

Now, it’s been more than a year, since I moved out of the Institute and life gave me many opportunities to experiment what I got as learning from SIBM, and luckily, my experiments have almost succeeded till date. Be it challenging assignments, or resource crunch, or even, a not so comfortable environment to work in, I, like all my Symbi friends, have come out of these situations with flying colors.

To sum up, in the words of James Baldwin, I met a lot of people in SIBM. I even encountered myself.

--
Rohit Garg
Alumnus, SIBM Bangalore